Today’s Daily Prompt: Placebo Effect asks if you could create a painless, inexpensive cure for a single ailment, what would you cure and why?
I started watching a new show on TV this season called The Tomorrow People. It is about a group of evolved humans who have the ability to teleport themselves, read minds and move things by thought. Their only imperfection to becoming the ultimate human species is the inability to kill. Every time one attempts to kill someone they break down and collapse, unable to complete the kill.
Watching this show and then seeing this prompt made me start thinking. What if the inability to kill each other is anything but an imperfection. What if I could create a pill that made this a human trait. What if we were unable to kill another human? What could this mean to the world as a whole?
How would wars be fought if the threat of killing was removed from the table? World leaders would be playing tic-tac-toe or rock-papers-scissors to decide our fate. What would gangs have to do if they couldn’t threaten one another with a drive-by? Maybe they would band together to create better communities.
All assassins would be out of a job. Police would have more time to concentrate on crimes like robbery and drugs. Just imagine if you took suicide away from humans, no one can even kill themselves. We can do away with all the bombs and automatic weapons.
What would we watch on television if you remove killing from the stories? All cop dramas, supernatural thrillers and most of the investigation shows would be gone. How would CBS and the ID channel survive? I wonder if zombies would fall under the can’t kill category? They are humans but already dead, so can we kill them again or would they run wild?
Of course we need to be able to keep the ability to kill other species. Our food supply depends on that. And I’d hate to think how many pests we would have to deal with if we could not kill any mosquitos, roaches, mice and the like. What situations have I not thought of that the inability to kill other humans would create? What are your thoughts?
Want to see what others would create a pill to cure? check out these other great posts
- Retention | James Clegg
- S. Thomas Summers | Daily Prompt: Placebo Effect
- Is sex love? Love, sex? And what IS love? | alienorajt
- Daily Prompt: Placebo Effect « Mama Bear Musings
- “Say what?!” I exclaimed to myself using my inside head voice. | thoughtsofrkh
- Health | Mara Eastern’s Personal Blog
- Daily Prompt: Placebo Effect | Awl and Scribe
- The Easiest Cure | Fruit Salad
- Daily Prompt: Placebo Effect | Under the Monkey Tree
- “Placebo” | Relax
- A Simple Cure for the Daily Prompt | Misifusa’s Blog
- Not The Pill; It’s The Water To Wash It Down | The Jittery Goat
- What Gods and faerys do! | Historiefortelling
- Experimental Treatment | Colline’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: Placebo Effect | Wordz on a Page
- The right to die | Daily Prompt: Placebo Effect | Ireland, Multiple Sclerosis & Me
- Carpe Diem | JC Bride ~
- “Age”, like in “happy” | Neva Samaki
- A Cure For Cancer | Flowers and Breezes
- Daily Prompt : Health | Chronicles of a Public Transit User
- Keep Walking | crookedeyebrows
- Daily Prompt: Placebo Effect | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Let’s Talk About Peace | Eyes to Heart
- Dabbling in sanity | mostlytrueramblings
- Daily Prompt: Placebo Effect | Kansa Muse
- Cure Me | Momma Roars
- The Road Less Travelled | Broken Light: A Photography Collective
- NaBloPaMo – Daily Prompt: Placebo Effect | Life In The Passenger Seat
- A Cure for Anxious Depression | a day with depression
- Roots of Rock Drumming and Muswell Hillbillies | drumstutor
- Food and water | Life is great
- Magic Trees | Winging it
- A Cure | Kate Murray
- Daily Prompt: Placebo Effect | Ramblings of a jerk
- How to heal a broken heart | Sincerely, Ms. Roberts
- Green… | Haiku By Ku
- Daily Prompt: Placebo Effect | My Atheist Blog
- Placebo | The Visionary Hollow
- The waves in my head are not that great for surfing | Rob’s Surf Report
- A Cure for Mental Illness | My Play Nook