I have been thinking of restarting the What If Writing Challenge again because I miss all the great fun we had. I remember some crazy scenarios that came out and some wonderfully written stories based on the former writing challenges.
The challenge I put forth for you today doesn’t mean the challenges are back, but it could lead to something new if it goes well. Let me know your thoughts and/or concerns.
The challenge I would like for you to consider in the spirit of the holidays…
What if you were the Elf on the Shelf?
Imagine you are that creepy little fellow who sits on shelves all over the world judging little kids throughout the holiday season. What do you witness? What are your daily routines? Are you nice, naughty or both?
Make up your very own make believe world or base it in reality. Make the Elf real or just tell his sad story as a stuffed thing. It’s your story so tell it to all the adoring What if readers.
A few rules…
- Keep it a reasonable length, let’s say around 500 words so we can enjoy any entries and read them all before the holidays.
- Tag your post with whatifchallenge
- Add a link back to this post or the linkup tool and check back often to see what others have posted
- Share your post between now and Christmas Eve (December 24th 2014)
- Have fun, I repeat have fun!
Also, not a rule but a suggestion, keep it somewhat clean. No vulgar references to the Elf please. He is after all somewhat a kid’s toy and it is the holidays. Thanks for visiting and I hope to see your story soon. JED