My thirty favorite horror movie quotes revealed. In part one and part two I gave you my favorite horror movie quotes but not the movies they were from. Now I will share the quotes along with the movies and my opinions on each. Enjoy.
1) “I’m here to kick ass and chew gum, and I’m all out of bubblegum.” – They Live – Rowdy Roddy Piper, aliens, subliminal messages and some laughs. Maybe not too many scares, but still a scary story.
2) “Whatever you do, don’t fall asleep.” – Nightmare on Elm Street – One of the most recognizable and best horror movies of all time. Freddy could give anybody nightmares.
3) “He-e-e-e-re’s Johnnie!” – The Shining – Jack Nicholson at his creepiest. I remember this as extremely creepy when I was a kid. Not so much today, but still fun to watch.
4) “They’re all going to laugh at you!” – Carrie – Everybody has probably heard this classic line, but not everybody knows what it’s from. Another great classic full of mayhem and carnage.
5) “They’re Heeere.” – Poltergeist – Ok I don’t know how anyone wouldn’t know what movie this was from. The little blond girl and the TV. Still gives me the chills to watch it today. One of the best horror movies ever made in my opinion.
6) “I have such sights to show you!” – Hellraiser – I’ll admit it. This one creeped me out so much I have never went back to re-watch it. I keep telling myself I will but haven’t yet. One day I’ll build up the courage.
7) “Hi, I’m Chucky, wanna play?” – Child’s Play – Dolls and clowns are always scary, and Chucky was the scariest. Too bad he wasn’t treated as well in the sequels but original is a great scary story.
8) “You’re going to need a bigger boat.” – Jaws – I haven’t watched Jaws since I was small but this is a great line from a great movie.
9) “Good, bad, I’m the one with the gun” – Army of Darkness – One of my favorite all time movies and the best of the horror comedies. If you haven’t seen it give it a look, I think you’ll enjoy.
10) “They will say that I have shed innocent blood. What’s blood for, if not for shedding?” – Candyman – Creepy, creepy, creepy. Nothing else needs to be said about this one.
11) “I want to play a game” – Saw – Best of the newer horrors in my opinion and has the best ending ever. Really got me the first time I watched it.
12) “Do you like scary movies?” – Scream – A horror movie about horror movies that you never figure out until the very end. Great story and fun to watch. Keeps you involved the whole way.
13) “When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons… were the fatties.” – Zombieland – Not exactly scary, but a very enjoyable movie about the Zombie Apocalypse.
14) “Good evening, Clarice.” – Silence of the Lambs – A true horror movie. The psychological toil lasts a while.
15) “You’re a creature of the night Michael, just like out of a comic book! You’re a vampire Michael! My own brother, a goddamn shit-sucking vampire. You wait til mom finds out, buddy!” – Lost Boys – Funny, scary, weird and just an extremely good time when you watch. Seen it maybe a dozen times and enjoyed each viewing.
16) “Try as they will, and try as they might, who steals me gold won’t live through the night.” – Leprechaun – Never would have thought a leprechaun could be scary until watching this. Afterwards you never want to meet one.
17) “I’ll swallow your soul!” – Evil Dead 2 – Sam Raimi may have changed horror forever with his creative horror classics. Remade how many times now?
18) “Kill her, Mommy! Kill her! Don’t let her get away, Mommy! Don’t let her live!” – Friday the 13th – Scariest Jason ever? The little waterlogged boy at the end of the original. Unlike the slasher that this franchise is known for, this is a great horror movie for just that, horror!
19) “It’s all true. The boogeyman is real and you found him!” – House of 1000 Corpses – Rob Zombie adds his take to the hillbilly horror and turns out a great enjoyable horror film. I love the ending to this pic.
20) “Your suffering will be legendary, even in hell!” – Hellraiser 2 – read my opinion about the first one and multiply it. Not often a sequel is as good or better than the original, but this is one of those great ones. I think this quote is among the best, creepiest quotes ever.
21) “because I love you, and you‘ve got to let me EAT YOUR BRAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIINS!” – Return of the Living Dead – How do you make zombies fun while making a bad movie a fun one to watch? Throw in punks, naked girls and talking zombies. One of my favorite “bad” horror films.
22) “Run, insect. Run and tell those you will, what you will. Tell them there is something loose in their city which feeds on wishes. But tell them quickly, while you still have a soul” – Wishmaster – Something about that dginn always sends a shiver down my spine. I hope I never find a genie!
23) “Redrum. Redrum. REDRUM!.” – The Shining – Such a classic movie it deserves two quotes. And I remember saying this a lot when I was little, but I had no idea what it meant.
24) “I thought you were good Paul… but you’re not good. You’re just another lying ol’ dirty birdy.” – Misery – Wow, real people can be more scary than any ghosts or zombies. This movie makes you physically hurt just to watch it.
25) “Only demons should fear me. You’re not a demon are you? The angel said you were. I can’t believe that. I won’t. You’re my son.” – Frailty – If you’ve never seen this movie, go out and pick it up now. I demand it. One of my favorite movies ever, not much blood but tons of goosebumps. Now go get it and enjoy.
26) “What an excellent day for an exorcism“ – The Exorcist – Not one of my favorite movies, but a great line from a demon so it deserved a place on the list.
27) “It’s Halloween. I guess everyone’s entitled to one good scare“ – Halloween – The horror genre would be empty without Michael Myers. Classic movie and franchise that always brings the scare factor.
28) “Sometimes dead is better.” – Pet Cemetery – Who hasn’t wanted to bring back a loved one? This movie will make you rethink that and leave you watching the shadows for something terrible. Scary good movie.
29) “Now we wouldn’t want to wake your mother, would we Charley? ‘Cause then I’d have to kill her too, RIGHT?” – Fright Night – New version has none of the charm of the original. Love to watch this one on a stormy night.
30) “What’s wrong, Joey? Feeling tongue-tied?” – Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors – I could have probably filled this whole list with Freddy quotes, but thought better. Freddy is a hall of fame horror member for sure.
I had a lot of fun creating this list, I hope you had just as much fun reading it. Now enjoy the rest of your Halloween and try not to be too scared, or scary.